Wednesday 14 September 2011

Mind the Gap

Dear Nebraska,

How's it going? I'm missing everyone dearly but I promise I am thinking about you everyday and bringing your thoughts and spirits with every journey!

So nothing too eventful has occured quite yet but I have quickly realised that the names for products here are quite literal (i guess this isn't anything new, but interesting none the less)...I will provide a few examples

Dish Soap = washing up liquid
Twix = biscuit fingers
Trash Bags= Bin Liners
Maury Povich = Jeffrey Kyle

see?

Anyways, when my mother and I were on the plane they were serving us food and I found one of these delightful things sitting on my tray table....Mini Banana Bread Loaf? I was in awe, I thought this must be my first english treat this trip, could it be any more perfect? I mean everything is so much better when it is miniaturized...But sadly my little glimmer of hope disappeared when I looked at the label and found out it was made in California. That's okay, I loved every morcel of it, and I look forward to my next mini banana bread loaf

Moving along, the first place I saw when I popped out of the underground was this wonderful establishment, I took it as a sign from Erin Rosen...since it was all she seemed to talk about the enitre last month before I left. so Dear Erin, come to London and I will take you here

Dear Kelsey Hutchinson, see this klik klak chair...I stumbled upon and was thinking you should ditch that other one (it has cat hair on it anyways) and consider this fine handcrafted sleeper sofa...maybe this will pop up in your dorm room right after christmas? hmmm :)

Dear Jordan McWhorter, I don't even know what to say about this picture...who knew Frasier had a house here (and marked so well)...Who do I talk to about the misspelling of his name? I hope you are well into the 8th season

Dear Dad, since you have been nagging me about pictures of my Studio here is half of my room...it took a lot of blood, sweat,and tears to get it looking this fresh...pass it on!

 This is what I wish was part of my kitchen...I mean really who wouldnt want to live in 1955! I would

 This picture is slightly ironic...it was just a coincidence that the truck drove past as my mother took this picture. Just to let you know, this was taken on the way to the grocery store, why the suitcase? I didn't have anything else to put all the groceries in (well, now I do). oddly, everyone wheels around a suitcase, (but really, I feel like it is wierd not wheeling around one)...they are probably going off to someplace really cool, they might not use it for groceries...but hey, sometimes one needs to be resourceful in order to be efficient...atleast I didn't stick out like a sore thumb



Dear Caitlyn Tapio, while there is no picture for you there is something that is tangible and will hopefully arrive via snail mail for your 20th birthday!


That is all for today folks,

All My Love

3 comments:

  1. this was amazing! i got tears in my eyes a little bit, no joke. your room looks pretty polished, not bad katie not bad. looking at the last picture made me laugh because i can remember it was only 3 days ago when i was packing that suitcase full of your stuff! oooh good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention your husband in this blog, but its okay, i forgive you. I love the picture's so keep doing this! Skype you soon!! love, MP

    ReplyDelete
  3. You left out that:
    Rice Krispy Treats = Squares with Marshmallow cream

    I am looking forward to hearing about your scavenger hunt on Saturday and Hey - did they ever install your shower head ??

    ReplyDelete