Monday 28 November 2011

Back in Action

My camera is back in working order so I can finally go back to blogging!
Luckily, my camera broke during a good time period because absolutely nothing has happened...not really, but I've entered the heat of the semester so there is a lot going on and like my parents say "I'm here to study not to party".......yea right

So this past weekend, I got to go paintballing for the first time in my life, and definitely not the last. The paintball place was located in Effington Junction which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. (Fact: you can always tell when you are far away from anthing when the underground train suddenly is above ground)

Luckily with my small town roots, it pretty much felt like home. This is the view of the town when you walk out of the train station....see nothing!

 
....And that is pretty much the whole town
 

When I got to the paintball place I received a bullet proof vest (finally had my 50 Cent moment), which would have been helpful if I didn't get hit in every place except the area the vest was covering...
 
Below you will see everyone that was on my team. By the way, I have no idea who any of these people are (with the excpetion of the 5 or 6 people I came with). We played 8 games against the green team (not shown in any pictures) and we lost miserably. I cannot place enough emphasis on the word miserably, I mean the team of 6 to 10 year olds had us at round 3. But like they say "win as if you are used to it, lose as if you enjoy it." Clearly everyone on my team enjoys it a little too much....

Then there was Thanksgiving. All these lovely people in this photo were kind enough to celebrate this american holiday with me. Basically, I spent Thanksgiving with a couple Canadians, Italians, a Romanian, a Venezuelan, a German and one other American (how many people can say that?). I was very impressed with how well dinner turned out, because let's be honest, none of them have ever cooked a Thanksgiving meal. This includes me, I mean Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't sit and watch my Father do all of the cooking, while I ask him over and over again what time dinner will be ready.

Here is the after photo....typical

 Here is a random photo of Freckles looking just as cute on skype as he does in real life...
That's all folks

LOVE,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment